Sunday 3 May 2015

Mayweather Stays Undefeated after Mega-Fight Win By UD


Floyd Mayweather defeated Manny Pacquaio by Unanimous (points) Decision after 12 rounds of hotly contested bout at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday.

All three judges recorded a 118-110 116-112 116-112 victory for the American, who is now unbeaten in 48 bouts and claims the unified welterweight crown.

Mayweather said: “I knew he was going to push me. He had moments in the fight but I kept him on the outside, I was a smart fighter I out-boxed him. We did what we had to do tonight, I’m truly blessed.

Floyd Mayweather Lands a Left Hook on Manny Pacquaio During Their Super- Fight in LA.“I calculate the fighter. He’s a tough competitor. My dad wanted me to do more but I had to take my time and watch Manny very close.”

Mayweather, 38, retains his WBA and WBC titles and takes over the WBO title from Pacquiao.

With a lot at stake for both fighters and spectators, who had had their monies on the line, at a 16,000 sell-out MGM Grand, it was Mayweather who got the better of Pacquaio in early rounds.



Pacquaio put his opponent under pressure in Round 4 but the ‘Money Man’ employed his size to an advantage, and coupled with his athletic footwork hardly found himself in danger.

‘PacMan’ appeared to have lost his plot after a one-sided 11th round, which opened with and immediate straight jab right to the face of the Filipino and ended with much more gait in Mayweather’s footwork amidst a blurry of undefended punches.

Mayweather danced left, right and back left in the closing minutes of the final round in an attempt to avoid a punch from Pacquaio and undoubtedly claimed victory having landed 148 of his 435 attempts all night, while Pacquaio managed just 81 hits in 429 punches thrown.

“It’s a good fight, I thought I won. He didn’t do nothing, just moved outside,” Pacquaio said in the ring.

“I got him many times. I think I won the fight. He is moving around and it’s not easy to throw a lot of punches if your opponent moves around. I can handle hi, it’s not strong like other opponents. It’s not about size. I’ve been fighting bigger than him and it’s not a problem.”

It was Pacquaio’s sixth defeat- a fight expected to generate an estimated $400m (£265m).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:
*Naijaversion does NOT own any other blog/website apart from www.naijaversion.com.
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Naijaversion.
*Naijaversion readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Naijaversion.com
*Thank you.

Comments system